In this blog we share JMZ’s industry leading metal roof restoration process.
While a metal roof may look great, it can certainly feel the effects of the harsh Australian weather over time. But don’t stress, the team at JMZ Roof Restorations can give your home a fresh look with our unrivalled metal roof restorations.
A makeover can have anyone feeling like a million dollars so why not apply this to your home too. You’ll be the talk of the street with a newly restored roof and wonder why you hadn’t done a restoration earlier!
When to Restore Your Metal Roof
Over time your metal roof will deteriorate from fading, oxidisation or rust especially as it’s constantly exposed to Queensland’s harsh weather conditions. When you start to notice these signs of ageing, it’s time for a roof restoration.
Whether you have a Colourbond, corrugated iron, galvanised iron, Trimdeck, cliplock, Zincalume or metal tiled roof, JMZ can provide a hassle-free experience to have your home looking like new. Find out what’s involved below. Our expert and friendly team are also available to give you honest, professional advice. Call us today on 1300 760 076 or visit us online here.
4 Step Process to a Quality Metal Roof Restoration
- Site preparation
- Redirection of water away from council storm water drains.
- Water tanks disconnected and diverted.
- Roof cleaning
- Roof surface pressure cleaned using min 3000psi to remove excess dirt, grime, lichen and other contaminants.
- Rust treatment
- Solar panels/solar hot water masked.
- Rusty screws treated with Epoxy Rust Primer.
- Rusty screws checked and replaced if required.
- Rust primer applied to treat rust affected areas of the roof.
- 1 Coat of roof sealer applied.
- Application – Protective coating
- 1st Coat Globalcote Roof Membrane applied.
- 2nd Coat Globalcote Roof Membrane applied.
- Globalcote Roof Membrane available in Elastacote high gloss of Infracote Heat Reflective coatings.
- Large range of colours available.
Benefits of a Roof Restoration
A roof restoration will give your home a new, fresh look but can also help in other ways too;
- A restoration is much cheaper than a roof replacement or other roofing solutions.
- It’s long lasting and enhances the overall appearance of your home.
- Metal roofs also allow heat penetration, resulting in a hotter home during the summer months. With a JMZ roof restoration, we use Globalcote’s Infrared Roof Membrane Coating which is a heat reflective solution for a cooler home and reduction in energy costs.
Why Choose JMZ Roof Restorations
Established in 1992, we have the experience and knowledge to provide you the best service for your roof restoration. We are fully licensed and insured taking all the stress away from any repairs on your home. JMZ use only the best products that provide value for your money which is why all of our tile and metal roof restorations are backed with a 10-year written warranty.
Tile Roof Restoration
JMZ Roof Restorations is a family owned and operated company which began almost 30 years ago.
We can restore tiled, metal and terracotta tiled roofs as well as provide exterior painting, concrete surface resealing and installation of skylights and whirlybirds. Roof repairs are available for tiled or terracotta tiled roofs.
We believe in our quality products and workmanship which is why JMZ has a 10-year warranty on all work and materials for roof restorations.
We have built a solid reputation by helping thousands of happy homeowners add value and protect their properties over a couple of decades. To find out more about JMZ Roof Restorations, give the team a call on 1300 76 00 76 or visit our showroom at 104 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland, Queensland.