Tile Roof Restoration
Just like any other Tiled, Terracotta or Metal Roofs on domestic houses, Commerical Roofs can also become affected by Moss, Lichen, and other Pollutants. Not only does the Roof become visually unappealing but these contaminents contribute to the deterioration and appearance of a Roof Surface and potentially can lead to thousands of dollars in roof replacement costs. With 30 years in the roof restoration industry there are very few commercial roofs that we have not been able to restore. As an Owner or Manager of a Commercial Property you may be looking to replace the existing tiled roof with a metal roof surface. Talk to us first as we can save you a lot of money by extending the life of your building roof with either tile roof repairs or tile roof restoration. During a prearranged appointment, we can assess the tiled roof surface of your building and offer you the best solution resulting in huge savings to your business. When a commercial roof is still in good shape and does not require replacement, a roof restoration may be the best choice.
Some of our Commerical Clients include:
- Salvation Army
- Endeavour Foundation
- Aveo – Retirement Villages
- St Ritas College – Clayfield
The Tiled Roof Restoration Process:
- Site Preparation.
- (To comply with Council Regulations – Diverting of Water away from Council Storm Water Drains is essential prior to commencing any roof restoration works)
- Changing Broken Roof Tiles
- (Broken, Chipped and Cracked Tiles are replaced)
- High Pressure Cleaning of Roof Surface
- (All excess dirt, grime, moss/lichen and other contaminates are removed using a high pressure cleaning process at approx 3500psi)
- Rebedding of Ridgecapping Where Required
- (Ridgecapping is rebedded where Ridgecaps are misaligned or need resetting)
- Repointing of All Ridgecapping
- (All Ridgecaps are repointed at a uniform thickness of 3-5mm to secure the ridgecaps to the roof. This is done using Globalcote’s Flexible Pointing. Flexible Pointing allows small ground movement without cracking and makes the roof secure and water tight)
- Application of Globalcote “Prepcote” – Sterilising Solution
- (Sterilises the Roof Surface for Mould and Fungal Growth)
- Application of Globalcote “Primecote” – Sealer
- (Sealing the Roof Surface ensures maximum adhesion of the Globalcote Roof Membrane Coating)
- Application of 2 Coats Globalcote Roof Membrane in Standard Gloss or Heat Reflective Range.
- (2 Coats of Coloured Roof Membrane applied to the Roof Surface in either Standard Gloss or Heat Reflective Range)