Metal Roof Restoration
Real estate residential properties are an investment for the property owner and as a property manager you want to ensure that a roof to a rental/investment property is maintained to a level that keeps the property not only looking good but remains functional and protects the interior of the home.
At JMZ we have been working over 27 years with property managers to determine reported metal roof issues to residential properties.
- Corrogated or Galvanised Steel
- Zincalume or Aluminium
These Metal roof surfaces are durable and can handle a lot of stress being exposed to our harsh climate. In most cases with residential properties, metal roof issues relate to:
- Oxidisation – A deterioration process of a roof coating that leaves the roof surface looking dull and chalky
- Missing Screws or Minor Holes to Metal Sheeting
- Surface Rust – A deterioration process when metal sheeting is exposed to air and moisture
The Metal Roof Restoration Process:
- Site Preparation.
- (To comply with Council Regulations – Diverting of Water away from Council Storm Water Drains is essential prior to commencement of any roof restoration works)
- High Pressure Cleaning of Roof Surface
- (All excess dirt, grime, moss/lichen and other contaiminates are removed using high pressure cleaning at approx 3500psi)
- (Minor repairs only to metal roofs can be carried out where it is determined that screws/nails require replacement or holes to metal surfaces are minor and can be either siliconed or fibreglassed)
- Application of Rust/Etch Primer
- (Treats screws and rust affected areas)
- Application of 2 Coats Globalcote Roof Membrane in Standard Gloss or Heat Reflective Range.
- (2 Coats of Coloured Roof Membrane selected from the Globalcote or Colorbond Equivalent Colours is applied to the Roof Surface in either Standard Gloss or Heat Reflective Range)