If you are looking for a quality tile roof restoration then you will need to know what to look for when choosing a roof restoration company. There’s 8 main steps to the process. If any of these steps are missed there may be issues with your roof restoration in the future. The quality of the products used by your roof restoration company must be top quality and be able to stand the extreme climate conditions that we have here in Australia.
These are the 8 main steps to look for when you are choosing a top quality roof restoration company:
- Your roof should be clean at a high pressure (minimum of 3000psi) to remove all dirt, grime, moss and other roof surface contaminates that could interfere with the roof restoration re- surfacing and application of coatings.
- A surface applied chemical treatment should be used to sterilize the surface against any future mould and fungus growth on the tile surfaces.
- To ensure the job will last a long time re-bedding of any loose or damaged tiles is essential for tile roofs. All shifted or damaged ridge capping should be re-bedded when required and any broken tiles should be replaced.
- It is advisable that all ridge caps should be re-pointed with flexible pointing to guard against future damage to the pointing caused by movement of the roof.
- The application of a top quality surface sealant is essential for a good tile roof restoration job, using a top quality roof sealer to ensure maximum adhesion.
- The best tile roof restorations should include the hand brushed application of a top quality roof membrane, onto all ridge capping to provide the maximum weather proofing.
- The first coat of quality roof membrane product should achieve a complete overall coverage of the entire roof surface.
- The final coat roof membrane should also achieve a complete overall surface coverage of the entire roof surface.
When these steps are all part of the process offered to you for restoring your roof and the work is accompanied by a 10 year written warranty on materials and workmanship, you are onto a winner!