8 Things to Look for When Choosing a Roof Restoration Company
AND 8 GOOD Reasons Why Our Roof Restorations Are Better:
1. Are the tradesman who carry out the roof restoration process fully licenced to do Roof Tiling, Painting & Decorating?
JMZ Roof Restorations only employs full-time trade-qualified specialists in roofing, painting and decorating and we do not use any sub-contractors. Professional memberships include: MPA, MBA, HIA, BSA.
2. Are the products being applied to your roof made to last?
The most important factor after preparation and paint quality that affects the life of a coating is the proper application of the specific specification set out by the manufacturer. Coatings today are far more specialised in their use and purpose and in general require specific application of the full system to maximise performance. At JMZ we ensure that all materials applied to your roof are manufactured by Globalcote.
3. Do TRADE-QUALIFIED Roof Tilers do your “Roof Tiling” and TRADE-QUALIFIED Painters do your “Painting”?
Here at JMZ, we never send laborers or subcontractors outside of our Company to do the work on any of our projects. All jobs are carried out by fully qualified tradespeople, who just work for JMZ and understand the high work standards expected of them.
4. Are they accredited applicators for Roof Membranes?
JMZ Roof Restorations are fully licensed in both Roof Tiling and Painting with the Queensland Building Sevices Authority – License No. 79306
5. Do they offer a TEN YEAR written warranty on their workmanship? And have they been in business longer than the warranty on offer? Also, are you getting a workmanship AND material warranty or just one or the other? What will happen if a problem arises? Will one party just blame the other instead of solving the problem?
Your investment is protected with our unique 10 year written warranty on both materials and workmanship, removing any risk for you to choose us. You’ll get further peace of mind knowing that JMZ has been established since 1992. With 25 full time staff, a customer service center and showroom opened 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday, you’ll always have somewhere to turn if the need arises.
6. Are they professionally setup for Roof Restorations and do they have a display showroom opened 5 days a week?
Choosing the right roof restoration for your home is made easy. Simply visit our air-conditioned showroom where you’ll find on display our wide range of colors and materials. You can either browse in peace by yourself (we don’t hire commission salespeople) or if you want more information, one of our friendly staff will be on hand to help.
7. Are you talking to an owner operator or a commission-based salesperson?
Who would you rather deal with, a commission-based salesperson who might have been selling used cars or air-conditioners 2 months ago, or the owner-operators who are specialists in Roof Restorations with over 35 years combined experience and have built an excellent reputation for their work? At JMZ you’ll get personal service from the owner-operators at every step throughout the job including regular onsite inspections.
8. Do they use a sterilising solution, solvent-based sealer and brush-in all ridge capping?
Another reason why cheap restorations simply don’t last as long is the use of poor quality sterilising solutions and sealers. If you try to cut corners in these areas you’ll wind up with re-growth of mould and contaminates on your roof tiles. This leads to moisture seepage, cracking, fading and loss of heat-reflecting qualities in your roof tiles. So your roof will look weathered and cracked, and increase the temperature of your home in summer.